All private organizations in Oman that are registered with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) and operating in the Sultanate are eligible to submit to this segment of the HM Award.
- The submitter does not need to be in the ICT sector but the public service provided must have significant use of ICT.
- The submission should include full justification and rationale for how the service provided can be considered as a public service, which serves the public interest and is universally available to all potential users of the target group.
- Submissions must contribute to capacity building within Oman and/or contribute to improvement and/or innovation in services.
- HM Award winning submissions from the previous cycle of 2016 are not eligible to participate in the 2018 cycle unless it demonstrates strong justification for the project participation.
- The submission must have been operational (i.e. available for use by its target group of users) for a minimum of six months on the deadline date for submissions.
- A given private sector enterprise can participate in the 2018 HM Award in both the categories available to it.
- A given submission cannot be entered for more than one category.
- A given project has a limit of three attachments with each file not exceeding 4MB. Most common file formats are allowed with the exception of Zip files.